Saturday, July 31, 2010

More Summer Fun

Summer in East Tennessee is in full swing and the heat is heavy (to say it mildly and without offending my true southern friends). The pool water is a bit like bathwater on most days and we are keeping indoors to stay cool. There was a scare when the AC broke (89 deg. in the house) but a nice guy came to fix it and he didn't break our bank. A reilef!
Our garden is looking pretty nice this year and our plant, the "butterfly bush", attracts lots of guests. Here are two of them....

Since it is so hot, we play outside in the mornings before it really sizzles. Kestrel loves the red sports car and Layton is one of the scariest monsters I have met. His teeth really add that extra spark of fright, don't ya think? The TV remote makes for the best weapon too.
In Chatt-Town, a little place known as Rock City (think red bird houses all along the interstate for miles saying, "See Rock City") is a cool oasis of rocky paths and tunnels to enjoy. Our friends, the Malones, invited us and here are a few pics of the trip. Kestrel is in the pack I am carrying and you can barely see her little blonde head peaking over...
Layton and Ryan had the best time running through the City.Time for a little snack.One of the biggest highlights for me thus far is that I painted the inside of the house and added much needed color. I did the parts I could do and hired the best painter to do the tall walls. I am so happy with the outcome and I feel like I am getting the house the way I really like it. It has only taken me 4 years (2 kids, a husband's career change, and all that life throws my way).


And finally, today is my mom's 60th birthday. I wish I could be with her today and celebrate with her, but traveling alone with my two little ones is pretty much my worst nightmare right now, so we are sending this to her to let her know how important she is to all of us and how much we love her!! Happy Birthday, Mom!!!! Note: I have never posted a video so I am not sure if it will work...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love love love the colors!

Anonymous said...

The rooms look FANTASTIC and I must say it was truly amazing to witness your ruck march through Rock City with Kestral in tow :)

Janelle Anderson said...

Wow! I love the paint, the house looks beautiful! How exciting! We have been curious about Rock City. I'm sure Lucas would love it too. So fun to see the kids growing so fast. I don't even recognize Kestrel. Oh, your video works perfectly...good job! Miss you guys!